Saturday, May 31, 2014

Birds Bein' Birds: A Slideshow

The slide show at the link below is set to music
of my favorite bird photos over the years.

American Goldfinch

It provided the backdrop to my "Mountain Talks" ramble on June 18, 2016 (see link below), hosted by the Volunteers in Parks Program (VIPP) of Mount Diablo State Park.

A duck walks onto a bar . . .

The photos are from wide and far throughout the Bay Area, though many were taken in urban surroundings: my back yard and local city parks and neighborhoods.

Cedar Waxwings
sittin' in a tree

I am not and do not profess to be
a professional photographer, writer, or much of anything, really.

Wilson's Warbler

I know a lot about very little. And very little about a lot.

Caspian Terns
on the wing
at Point Reyes

Especially when it comes to being precise
and all-knowing about birds.

Black-crowned Night Heron
juvenile hunter at Jewel Lake

To quote myself from my "lecture",
I am mainly, primarily, and first and foremost:

Pelican
hunkered down at
Albany Bulb

" . . . a documentarian, a chronicler,
an irrepressibly enthusiastic and poetic observer
of Mother Nature's small, oft-overlooked manifestations
of beauty (hidden in plain sight),
and mostly underappreciated or ignored nuances,
patterns, and abstractions of the natural world."

Ye olde Buzzard

AND:

The beauty of a simple bird
on a branch

My "schtick" is all about experiential adventure, come along with me to discover . . . and seek out the small miracles that abound, unseen, hidden, manifesting in the commonplace all around us – the so-called commonplace is actually full of magic and charm!

Four Birds
do a congregation make


Crow bein' a Crow


Gambolin' Man
Bird Watcher
Word Botcher
Tree Hugger
Nature Lover
Earth Worshipper

No comments:

Post a Comment